[Mailman-Users] Redirect all -bounce emails

Tom Kavanaugh tomnaugh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 01:20:46 CET 2006

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response and suggestions.

I modified the Mailman/Handlers/SMTPDirect.py per you suggestions.
The unix_sysadmin-bounce emails now get redirected to mailman at name.com
That is the good part.

But what is happening now is that the mailman server keeps spitting out
these emails to the mailman mail list. Every few minutes I am bomarded with
these emails from the mailman mail list. The relevant contents are:

Reporting-MTA: dns; utc80.name.com
Received-From-MTA: DNS; localhost
Arrival-Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:13:39 -0800 (PST)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; unix_sysadmin-bounces at name.com
<unix_sysadmin-bounces at am.necel.com>
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; mailhost.name.com
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 5.1.1 <unix_sysadmin-bounces at name.com>
<unix_sysadmin-bounces at am.necel.com>... User
	unknown
Last-Attempt-Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:13:39 -0800 (PST)

Seems that the mailman server (utc80) is re-trying to send to
unix_sysadmin-bounces at name.com, although it knows that this is an unknown
user.

Could you tell me how to go about fixing this?

Thanks
Tom