[Mailman-Users] Subscription settings not taking

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Feb 15 00:02:12 CET 2006

Beartooth wrote:

> 	Background: I run two addresses -- the one which I believe
>Gmane has started letting me post from, Beartooth (at) adelphia.net
>(which is the one my newsreader uses) -- and the one I'm using now,
>karhunhammas (at) Lserv.com. It is this one I now have subscribed and
>tweaked. Your post, linked to above, presumes it's the other.

Actually, it doesn't matter. It can be any list member address. It
affects the actual name and data of the cookie, but not the form of
the Set-Cookie: http header. Also, the Set-Cookie: is not actually
returned until after you've provided a valid password.

In the referenced post, I just made up the beartooth--at--adelphia.net
from the address in one of your posts. I didn't actually log in to
your options page because I don't know your password.