[Mailman-Users] Subscription settings not taking

Beartooth karhunhammas at Lserv.com
Tue Feb 14 22:42:47 CET 2006

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> Beartooth wrote:
>>
>> 	OK, will do. Will they want the URL of the subscription site,
>> do you think, or the info about the type of cookie it sets, or
>> both?
>
> The actual Set-Cookie: header is described in my post at
> <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2006-February/049297.html>.
> The URL alone won't do any good because Mailman sets the cookie in
> the reply to a successful login which requires a valid member
> address and password.

 	Oho! Good thing I held the draft -- we *may* have made a
discovery.

 	Background: I run two addresses -- the one which I believe
Gmane has started letting me post from, Beartooth (at) adelphia.net
(which is the one my newsreader uses) -- and the one I'm using now,
karhunhammas (at) Lserv.com. It is this one I now have subscribed and
tweaked. Your post, linked to above, presumes it's the other.

 	But I don't know whether that tells us anything. Or should I
just copy your text into my draft, and substitute one address for the
other?

 	(In case you wonder: Adelphia the Utterly Accursed is the only
broadband ISP I can get where I am, and I access usenet through it;
Lserv.com is the remote ISP that I ssh into, and get much better
service from, specifically for email. I check my adelphia mail (POP3,
<gnash, snarl>) a couple times a day, and keep the ssh to Lserv (IMAP)
open continuously.)

What do they know of country, who only country know?