[Mailman-Users] Virtual Servers

Jon Loose jjloose at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 9 11:04:38 CET 2006

Thanks for the help to date... still struggling with
the virtual domains configuration with
postfix/mailman, however.

I did what was suggested below...

>Since you haven't had MTA = 'Postfix', you've been
>using the default
>MTA = 'Manual' which just tells you what the aliases
>are and asks you
>to manually install them.

>If you now run bin/genaliases, it should create the
>data/aliases and
>data/virtual-mailman files containing data for all
>your lists, and run
>the postalias and postmap commands to create the .db
>files.

>Then you can update your Postfix config to use these
>files and not have
>to do the aliases manually in the future.

yet, mailman created data/aliases, but not
data/virtual-mailman.  I made a vain attempt with
"touch virtual-mailman", and then "genalias".  This
produced a virtual-mailman.db, but throws up errors in
the mail log because it is empty.

Also, I assume I create a list on the virtual domain
using newlist listname at domain2 ?

Any futher thoughts?

Thanks,

Jon