[Mailman-Users] Mailman log error

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Feb 3 21:01:34 CET 2006

Clóvis Tristão wrote:

>> Errors in the error log? What are they?
>
>Errors sorry, I expressed myself badly.

So if I understand you correctly, there are no errors in
/var/log/mailman/error - Correct?

>The stranger is that the message goes for archive of the list but does not
>arrive in the members.
>I noticed that he has many members(20%) that do not make more part of the
>list and in log(MTA) it says that the user is unknown. Can be this the
>problem?

If the message is getting as far as the MTA to be logged there as an
unknown user then there is no Mailman problem. The problem is in
delivery from the MTA to the user. These problems should be reported
back to Mailman at the <listname>-bounces address and there should be
entries about them in Mailman's 'bounce' log assuming bounce
processing is enabled for the list.