[Mailman-Users] Newbie struggling with add_virtualhosts

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Thu Feb 2 23:42:56 CET 2006

I want to achieve a situation in which some mailing lists are only visible
from my external web site, where as others are only visible on my "within
home" lan

Also, I can appear to be going to an internal web site by creating a port
forwarded ssh tunnel from localhost:80 to one of my internal web sites port
80.

Therefore, for a single e-mail domain (mail.home) I want to map several web
server synonyms to it (www.home, mail.home, roo.home and localhost).

Similarly for my external web site (at www.chandlerfamily.org.uk).

I thought the directives below would achieve this, they don't seem to - in
particular I get different mailing lists anounced when I visit roo.home and
mail.home (ie on theri listinfo address).

Its just possible that one of the mailing lists was created by mistake with
roo.home as its e-mail domain. Could that be the cause of the problem?

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'chandlerfamily.org.uk'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.chandlerfamily.org.uk'

#add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST,DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST) This should already be
set
#Following map internal mail lists to several potential host names
add_virtualhost('mail.home', 'mail.home')
add_virtualhost('www.home','mail.home')
add_virtualhost('roo.home','mail.home')
#Following done so virtual connection via ssh also works
add_virtualhost('localhost','mail.home')

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk