[Mailman-Users] mailing list not obeying sender filter

Steven Jones Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz
Wed Feb 1 03:00:31 CET 2006

HI All,

I am trying to set up a mailing list for unix/linux servers to mail
into, and then out to the llinux admins.

I have added the postmaster at fqdn and mailer-daemon at fqdn for each server
to the privacy-option -> sender-filter -> non-member filters box and
done a submit, but the system is still asking me to moderate the
emails...while I just want them accepted and posted.

So this seems to be failing, what have I missed or is something broken?

I then tried to set,

"Action to take for postings from non-members for which no explicit
action is defined". To accept

but it still carries on asking each post to be moderated, so I assume
something is not responding within mailman, or I have mis-set something.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Steven