[Mailman-Users] Full backup and restore of a mailman list

Lindsay Haisley fmouse-mailman at fmp.com
Wed Feb 1 02:51:06 CET 2006

Thus spake Mark Sapiro on Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 07:25:58PM CST
> Lindsay Haisley wrote:
>
> >I run a small hosting service with a number of mailman lists.  I need to
> >move all the lists to a new server - list config, subscribers, subscriber
> >options, archives, the whole ball of wax for each list.
> >
> >What's be best way to do this?
>
> This has been discussed many times on this list.

Yep!  So I see.  I'm sure it's a common problem.

> See for example the
> entire thread at
> <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2005-October/047233.html>
> which involves an upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1 as well.

If I'd dug a little deeper I would probably have found the docs you
reference.  Thanks so much to both of you!!!

> Basically you're on the right track - move config.pck files and the
> archives/ directory. If any domain/host names are changing see FAQ
> 4.29, and as Brad suggests, there's other info in the FAQ too.

I'll check it out, but all should be well.  I'm just re-vectoring DNS for
each list and its associated website from the old server to the new.

Again, many thanks for your quick responses!  The references you cite have
everything I need to do the job.  Mailman versions are the same, so there's
no file format conversion involved.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Fighting against human |     PGP public key
FMP Computer Services |    creativity is like   |      available at