[Mailman-Users] mailman not sending post

Noah admin2 at enabled.com
Wed Dec 27 01:01:59 CET 2006

Hi there,

mailman-2.1.9
sendmail 8.13.8
python-2.4.3
freebsd-4.11

Mailman has been running on my machine for years.   I host about 50 or
so lists with virtual hostnames being sued for some of them.

recently mailman has not mailed posts to a specific list, and I cant
figure out why.
I see the mailman post mail being accepted by sendmail and piped to
mailman but mailman does nothing with the post.  No trace of the post in
the /usr/local/mailman/logs/smtp or the /usr/local/mailman/logs/post

I cant find a related trace dumped in the mailman error logs.

subscribes and unsubscribes piped to mailman work fine
like mail sent to <listname>-subscribe at domain.com gets piped
|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe <listname> just fine by sendmail
mailman sends a confirmation mail just fine as well.

there is one file in the /usr/local/mailman/qfiles/shunt directory from
october 7th 2006.

Mailman properly handles and delivers posts to all other lists.  I
really am not sure what else to check.

cheers,

Noah