[Mailman-Users] Archiving only certain topics and/or the "default" topic

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 15:19:17 CET 2006

I admin a mailing list that receives two types of messages:

1. Important human-typed messages that should be archived

2. Transient machine-generated messages that people may want to read,
but which lose value rapidly, and, therefore, shouldn't be archived.

I've set up topics so that all the transient messages have their own
topic (they're machine-generated so the subjects always match known
regexps).

Can I set up mailman/pipermail to not archive the transient messages,
and only archive the important ones?

In other words, archive messages that match no topic, but don't
archive the messages that do match a topic?