[Mailman-Users] Mailman on Mac OS X Server 10.3: Outgoing messagesstuck in qrunner/in folder

Pierre Igot igot at cprp.ca
Fri Dec 15 13:53:45 CET 2006

On 06-12-14, at 22:40, Brad Knowles wrote:

> At 10:59 PM -0400 12/13/06, Pierre Igot wrote:
>
>>>  <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?
>>> req=show&file=faq01.021.htp>
>>
>>  I am aware of this page and checked it before sending my request for
>>  help. The page didn't provide any information that addressed my
>>  issue, as far as I could tell.
>
> Okay, I split the MacOS X and MacOS X Server stuff into two
> separate FAQ entries.  1.21 now talks about using the Mailman-
> standard version of the software, while 1.29 now talks about the
> Apple-provided version of the software.
>
> Please see <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?
> req=show&file=faq01.021.htp> and <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/
> faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.029.htp>, respectively.
>
> If there are any further clarifications or other things you'd like
> to add to these subjects, please feel free to edit the FAQ Wizard
> entry itself, and/or discuss that subject on this list.

IMPORTANT: Please note that the correct spelling for Mac OS X and Mac
OS X Server is with a space between the "Mac" and the "OS".

I think part of the problem here stems from the very name of this
list. It's called "mailman-users." I am a "mailman user." So I feel
that this is the right list for me to get help about using Mailman.
There is nothing in the list description that warns users of non-
standard Mailman distributions away from the list. On the contrary,
this description puts the emphasis on users vs. developers. So
naturally "mailman users" such as myself feel that it's the natural
place to go and ask questions:

---
This mailing list is for users and other parties interested in the
Mailman mailing list management system. There is a separate mailing
list for people interested in discussion about development of the
system - mailman-developers.
---
(http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/mailman-users]

That said, I am in full agreement that the FAQ needs to be read
first, and your updates are important--as long as you spell "Mac OS
X" properly. Otherwise, Mac OS X users might not even find the
relevant section :).

Pierre

--
Pierre Igot, administrateur des systèmes / Systems Administrator
www.cprp.ca