[Mailman-Users] Debian/Exim4/Mailman

Nicolas Neuss neuss at mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Dec 15 13:56:55 CET 2006

Hello,

I am stuck with the following strange problem.  I am using Debian/testing
and Exim4.  Now I want to use Mailman for sending preprint announcements of
our institute.  Using "apt-get install" was unfortunately not sufficient,
so I followed the instructions in "README.Debian.Exim4" doing some further
Exim4 adaptions.  Interestingly, now a mailing list "testit" does work
(everything: subscribing, sending messages, etc), while other names are not
recognized at all:

root at ma-slave:~# exim4 -bt testit
R: system_aliases for testit at ruprecht.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de
testit at ruprecht.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de
  router = mailman_router, transport = mailman_transport
root at ma-slave:~# exim4 -bt mylist
R: system_aliases for mylist at ruprecht.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de
mylist at ruprecht.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de is undeliverable:
  Unrouteable address

Has anyone an idea what is going on here?

I have a distributed Exim4-config file as described in the above README.
Especially, I have the following ocnfig parts

--- 970_local_mailman ----------------------------------------------------
mailman_transport:
    driver = pipe
    command = MAILMAN_WRAP \
              '${if def:local_part_suffix \
                    {${sg{$local_part_suffix}{-(\\w+)(\\+.*)?}{\$1}}} \
                    {post}}' \
              $local_part
    current_directory = MAILMAN_HOME
    home_directory = MAILMAN_HOME
    user = MAILMAN_USER
    group = MAILMAN_GROUP
    freeze_exec_fail = true

and

--- 40_local_mailman ------------------------------------------------------
mailman_workaround:
  domains = +local_domains
  require_files = MAILMAN_HOME/lists/$local_part/config.pck
  driver = accept
  local_parts = mailman
  local_part_suffix_optional
  local_part_suffix = -bounces : -bounces+* : \
           -confirm+* : -join : -leave : \
           -subscribe : -unsubscribe : \
           -owner : -request : -admin
  transport = mailman_transport