[Mailman-Users] User unsubscribing

Alan McConnell alan at patriot.net
Thu Dec 14 12:59:03 CET 2006

On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 09:35:04PM -0600, Brad Knowles wrote:
> At 6:35 PM -0500 12/13/06, Alan McConnell wrote:
>
> > But when I went back to check: there "I" am, still a member.
> >
> > My question: how can that happen?
>
> The web page may have been cached at a proxy between you and the
> server, or it may be cached internally to your web browser.  Try
> doing a forced reload of the page from your web browser, and see if
> you can figure out whether or not there is a transparent proxy
> between you and the web server.
	I turn off my Linux machine at night, turn it on again in the
	morning.  It is now morning.  "I" am still a member.  My
	browser is firefox; yes, I know how to press the Reload Page
	button.

	But just to clinch it: I just accessed the admin page with
	lynx(which is almost always my browser of choice, since I am
	a dialup person, using my trusty US Robotics Sportster modem<g>).
	And there "I" was, still subscribed.

I would like Brad and Mark and anyone else's considered judgment that
whatever is running at PatriotNet, it ain't mailman as we know and
love it<g>.   It sure seems hosed to me.

TIA for piling on!

Alan

--
Alan McConnell :  http://patriot.net/users/alan
    There are many good Impeachment sites; one of the best is: