[Mailman-Users] double attachments

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Dec 8 01:01:52 CET 2006

Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

>Also never check "Send Windows Friendly Attachment" box.  That may do
>something that shows up like doubling the attachment.

I think you have it backwards. Checking the "Send Windows Friendly
Attachment" will not send the Mac 'resource' information. It is this
which shows up as a second file with non Mac aware MUAs. Also, It will
try to add an appropriate extension to the name of an attached file
the name of which on the Mac doesn't have an extension.