[Mailman-Users] Can't login mailman list admin web

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Thu Dec 7 09:11:35 CET 2006

At 2:14 PM -0500 12/6/06, Anne Ramey wrote:

>  Sounds to me like the server is just too busy for the web to respond
>  before the browser time-out.  I used to get this all the time on my
>  100K-500K member list sendings.

This can happen on busy servers.  Or even just pulling up a large
list of messages in the moderators hold queue.  This is why better
command-line tools are needed for moderators, as well as for other
aspects of Mailman administration.

It would also help if we could improve the system to the point where
the web admin interface was the last thing to go away, so that you
wouldn't need the command-line tools, at least not unless the
situation was so bad that you just had to shut everything down and
clean up the problem offline, then bring the server(s) back up.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad at shub-internet.org>

Trend Micro has announced that they will cancel the stop.mail-abuse.org
mail forwarding service as of 15 November 2006.  If you have an old
e-mail account for me at this domain, please make sure you correct that
with the current address.