[Mailman-Users] listname-leave at domain.com isnt working

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Dec 5 01:10:22 CET 2006

Ken Cheney wrote:

>should I be looking somewhere other than main.cf?

If you mean Postfix's main.cf, that may be it or it could be in your MX
records or ?

>Patrick Bogen <pdbogen at gmail.com> wrote: On 12/4/06, Ken Cheney  wrote:
>> x.x.50.2 is one of my DNS servers it has no email funcionality at all.

Well, accordilng to the maillog entry you quoted earlier

>   Dec  4 09:15:07 listserv postfix/smtp[2580]: 0C3CA2184C3:
>   to=<kcheney at mydomain.com>, relay=mydomain.com[10.180.50.2], delay=0,
>   status=bounced (host mydomain.com[10.180.50.2] said: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
>   kcheney at mydomain.com (in reply to RCPT TO command))

Postfix on the mailman machine connected to port 25 [10.180.50.2] in
order to deliver a message to <kcheney at mydomain.com> and something
there answered the connect and spoke enough SMTP to get as far as
receiving a RCPT TO command and to respond that it couldn't relay to
mydomain.com.

Were all the occurrences of mydomain.com in that log entry actually the
same domain before you munged them? It seems pretty strange that a
server at mydomain.com[10.180.50.2] would think it a) needed to relay
to mydomain.com, and b) couldn't. What does [10.180.50.2] think it's
host name is?