[Mailman-Users] listname-leave at domain.com isnt working

Ken Cheney kencheney at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 20:48:33 CET 2006

I have internal DNS that is marginally different than external DNS.

My internal DNS points to the internal IP of my exchange server and the internal IP of my listserv.

My external DNS points to the external IPs of each.  They are correct.

should I be looking somewhere other than main.cf?

Patrick Bogen <pdbogen at gmail.com> wrote: On 12/4/06, Ken Cheney  wrote:
> x.x.50.2 is one of my DNS servers it has no email funcionality at all.  I
> thought that postfix sent the mail.. meaning not relayed off of something
> else.

Email works by mail servers relaying mail to each other until it gets
to a server that (believes) it can deliver it locally. There is either
something wrong with the MX records in your domain, or your Postfix
server is actually set to relay mail to the DNS, for some reason.
Check your postfix config for settings related to relaying or
smarthosts, and check your DNS config to see if all your MX records
are correct.

--
- Patrick Bogen