[Mailman-Users] Moderation action

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Dec 4 17:59:23 CET 2006

Dominika Tkaczyk wrote:

>What if I did as you suggested first, but instead of one filter rule that
>matches everything, there would be one filter rule for each address I want
>held (I assume that there won't be more than 4-5 such subscribers), and such
>a rule would match a From: header with that address, and of course action
>would be Hold?

Yes, I think that would work. You could have a separate rule for each
poster or just one rule with a separate regexp for each poster.

In fact, you could then moderate everyone and set
default_member_moderation to Yes to simplify maintenance of moderation
because the header rule would apply to first hold the message and then
when the held message is approved, it wil bypass moderation.

Note however that this wouldn't work if the header rule action was
accept because messages which are accepted by such a rule still go
through the additional checks. In this case, the posters would need to
have their moderate flags off.

>Does it make any sense or you think it would be better to use the energy to
>write a patch to the source code?

I think it always makes sense to use existing configuration options if
you can rather that patching the code, unless using the existing
features is just too cumbersome which I don't think is the case here.