[Mailman-Users] Moderation action

Dominika Tkaczyk d.tkaczyk at uw.edu.pl
Mon Dec 4 09:54:15 CET 2006

Hello,

Mark Sapiro napisał(a):

> Patrick Bogen wrote:
>
>>Unfortunately, it looks like, since Moderate.py comes before anything
>>else, there's no really 'correct' way to do this.
>

> It doesn't come before SpamDetect which processes header_filter_rules,
> so your suggestion below won't work.

Thank you both for your answers.

What if I did as you suggested first, but instead of one filter rule that
matches everything, there would be one filter rule for each address I want
held (I assume that there won't be more than 4-5 such subscribers), and such
a rule would match a From: header with that address, and of course action
would be Hold?
Does it make any sense or you think it would be better to use the energy to
write a patch to the source code?

>>One option that ought to work, however, would be the following:
>>Moderate all users that you want rejected, and set
>>member_moderation_action to reject. Unmoderate the users you want
>>held. Add a header filter rule that matches on everything (something
>>like a single caret ('^') should suffice), and is set to Hold. I
>>haven't tested this, and I don't know if it will work or not.

Dominika