[Mailman-Users] Installing Mailman with Qmail +VPopmail and using virtual domains

Dustin demonicpagan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 21:35:07 CET 2006

I am reposting a request for help that I posted earlier in regards to
setting up Mailman with VPopmail and Qmail.   So far, my request has gone
unresponded to and I would really appreciate some assistance.

Here is what I posted earlier:

I have been searching everywhere for like some sort of tutorial on how to
set this up.  The manual is very vague on how to handle virtual domains.

I have mailman set up in /home/mailman

In /home/mailman I have 3 directories (1 for each of my virtual hosts)

When I went to install mailman I ran 3 separate installs

./configure -prefix=/home/maiman/s2i --with-mail-gid=vchkpwd
--with-cgi-gid=www-data --with-python=/usr/bin/python2.3

./configure -prefix=/home/maiman/ce.com --with-mail-gid=vchkpwd
--with-cgi-gid=www-data --with-python=/usr/bin/python2.3

./configure -prefix=/home/maiman/ce.net --with-mail-gid=vchkpwd
--with-cgi-gid=www-data --with-python=/usr/bin/python2.3

I am really unsure how to set up the .qmail-default and where to place it.

The qmail-to-mailman.py I have in each of the 3 directories.  Another thing
I am unsure of is how to set up the aliases.

At the moment my /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains is set to

lists.stelth2000inc.com:lists.stelth2000inc.com

lists.celestial-essences.net:lists.celestial-essences.net

lists.celestial-essences.com:lists.celestial-essences.com

should I be changing the 2nd part to mailman?

If anyone could assist me or point me somewhere that will better clarify
what I'm trying to do, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided