[Mailman-Users] Umbrella lists within umbrella lists?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Aug 31 02:17:25 CEST 2006

Allan Trick wrote:

>I have a new request to
>create an intermediate list now.  This would require an umbrella
>address like we have now, but then it contains two OTHER umbrella
>lists, which then go to actual lists.
>
>Does Mailman allow an umbrella list within an umbrella list?

Absolutely. In fact, Mailman has no real knowledge of whether a list
member is another list or not.

The umbrella list settings are mainly so that administrivia from the
umbrella list is sent to member-owner (or other suffix) rather than
member. This makes it tricky to have a list with a combination of
lists and people as its direct members, but there is no problem with
lists of lists of lists to any level.