[Mailman-Users] How to create a list with an approved list of posters? (not answered by FAQ?)

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Aug 31 00:18:25 CEST 2006

At 2:12 PM -0400 2006-08-30, Elizabeth Schwartz wrote:

>  I have been charged with creating two lists, each with a limited set of
>  people who are allowed to **post** to the list.
>  One list is an umbrella list ; the other is not.  The people who are allowed
>  to post are a subset of members of the list.

That would be required for the umbrella list situation, unless you
want to apply the patch where you can use the @list notation to call
in the list of subscribers from another list and then put that in the
set of approved senders.

>  I see how to allow them to post if they are *not* members of the list , but
>  not if they *are*.

Just turn off their moderation bits, but leave everyone else moderated.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  Founding Individual Sponsor of LOPSA.  See <http://www.lopsa.org/>.