[Mailman-Users] Can't send messages to list

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sun Aug 27 06:54:41 CEST 2006

At 12:31 AM -0400 2006-08-27, David Diskin wrote:

>                        What is happening lately is that new posts are
>  visible in the archives, but in general are not mailed out or may not
>  be mailed out for several hours to several days.   There are no
>  errors in the error log.  The members allowed to post have verizon
>  dsl accounts.  Is there an explanation for this behavior?

This is either a problem with the MTA on the server, or the outbound
queue within Mailman.  Either way, the normal suggestions is to
search the FAQ for "performance" and then follow the recommendations
there.

Since you are using a hosting service, they would have to be the ones
to apply the suggestions from the FAQ.

>                                                             Please let
>  me know if more information is required to trouble shoot this
>  problem.   The high speed rail admin has not helped to solve the
>  problem.  Thanks.

There's not much you can do.  If your provider is not being
responsive to your problems and giving you the assistance you need,
then you may want to consider finding a different provider -- and
warning everyone about the provider you're having problems with.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  Founding Individual Sponsor of LOPSA.  See <http://www.lopsa.org/>.