[Mailman-Users] Need to stop mailman

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sat Aug 26 05:32:33 CEST 2006

At 11:24 PM -0400 2006-08-25, Gary Hall wrote:

>  This guy who is formulating the advertisements is the only one who is
>  authorized to send mail to the server and have it delivered to the list.
>
>  I am going to pass on your "knowledge" to him and hopefully he will take
>  heed.

Please note, my comments are aimed at the problem of fully compliant
HTML that is hopelessly munged beyond recognition at one or more
places where the message passes through.  Most web browsers aren't
actually fully compliant with HTML themselves, and things you may do
to make things look better with one particular browser that is broken
in one particular way may make things look worse for other browsers
that may be broken in other ways.  And the situation just gets worse
when you throw in multiple different mail servers, one or more
mailing list manager(s), and multiple different clients.

If you don't have properly formed HTML in the first place, or it's
not being sent by the appropriate people in the appropriate way, then
that's a totally different problem.

Anyway, good luck!

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  Founding Individual Sponsor of LOPSA.  See <http://www.lopsa.org/>.