[Mailman-Users] Sender not receiving messages

Allan Trick atrick at prin.edu
Fri Aug 25 00:23:51 CEST 2006

Getting more reports now of other internal users (we have people
subscribed within our firewall on our Exchange mail server as well as
people outside with all other kinds of email addresses) not getting
all messages.  In each case, it sounds like they get ONE message,
whereas they're on between 4 and 20 different lists.  They should be
getting 4-20 copies of the same message (one for each list they're
on).  But they're only getting ONE.  I can't see anything different
in the settings for the one successful list (not the same one for all users).

Is it possible that Exchange is trying to be helpful by not
delivering the additional messages since they're all the same?  There
is nothing in the Junk folder, but it seems logical that the mail
system might be interfering with the mail delivery here.  We just
went to Exchange; previously we were on sendmail and everything worked OK.

Allan