[Mailman-Users] Sender not receiving messages

Allan Trick atrick at prin.edu
Thu Aug 24 22:51:38 CEST 2006

At 03:20 PM 8/24/2006, Dan wrote:

>1) There IS a setting to choose whether or not to receive one's own
>posts on the users options page. On the administrative membership
>management page it's the "not metoo" column. Check to see if that's checked.

"not metoo" is not checked.  However, "no dupes" WAS checked.  I've
unchecked that field for the affected users.  Think that could be the
culprit?  I'm going to wait until we have another broadcast email
going out to see the results.

>2) Is it a gmail account? Gmail (and possibly others) filter out by
>message ID anything that came from the the recipient.

Nope, not Gmail.  But good to know of that behavior; it might crop up
as a question in the future from one of our users.

Oleg also wrote:

>Seems like there's some problem in user's settings, did he checked
>``Sent my own posts to list to me'' or some like that?

That option is set to "Yes" for the users I'm dealing with.  So I'm
mystified--if it's not the settings change I described above.

Thanks, guys!

Allan