[Mailman-Users] Question About Re-generated Mailing Lists

Barry Finkel b19141 at britaine.ctd.anl.gov
Mon Aug 14 21:07:45 CEST 2006

We have decided to move our majordomo mailing lists to mailman.
We have a number of non-subscription lists - the e-mail lists are
re-generated each evening from an external database.  The persons on
each re-generated list have no say as to their subscriptions to the
list.

With majordomo, we just build the e-mail list in a directory which we
have defined in the /etc/mail/aliases.template file:

     majordomo-zzz-outgoing: :include:filename

Can we automatically re-generate a mailman mailing list?  I know that
I can do Mass Removals and Mass Subscriptions via the web interface,
but I want something that has no manual intervention.

Thanks.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov