[Mailman-Users] Messages not reaching mailman

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sun Aug 13 02:52:32 CEST 2006

At 3:08 PM -0400 2006-08-12, Steve wrote:

>  Fresh install of FC2 RPM. Configured by Plesk software (it simply
>  added add_virtualhost('myhost') to bottom of mm_cfg.py).
>
>  Using SMTPDirect but I am not sure what MTA is being used (and would
>  like to know how to find out).

If you're using Plesk, then the MTA is probably qmail.  But you could
try telnet'ing to port 25 on your local machine to find out for sure.

>  SMTP log entries only correspond to subscription requests--not mails
>  to the list.

This sounds suspiciously like the aliases not being set up correctly
to route mail into Mailman, but I can't be sure.  However, if you're
using Plesk and their integrated Mailman support, then that shouldn't
be an issue.

Unfortunately, our ability to help you with problems that might be
related to Plesk is limited -- see FAQ 6.15.

As for the rest, I don't have any other ideas at the moment.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  Founding Individual Sponsor of LOPSA.  See <http://www.lopsa.org/>.