[Mailman-Users] get members list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Apr 10 23:20:12 CEST 2006

Mark Sapiro wrote:

>Daniel Carvalho wrote:
>>
>>the scripts didn't work - they always return empty lists... Maybe it's a
>>problem with the python instalation iin my computer.
>

>What version of Python do you have? Do the scripts issue any error?
>Note that if you mistype either the list name or the list password,
>you will get no output and no error message.

I have updated the scripts at
<http://veenet.value.net/~msapiro/mailman-subscribers.py> and
<http://fog.ccsf.edu/~msapiro/mailman-subscribers.py>. They now issue
meaningful errors for invalid hostname, listname or password (in most
cases - during testing, I intentionally garbled a domain name and got
the "non-existent list" message instead of the "error accessing URL"
message. Turns out that the garbled domain was a valid domain that has
a Mailman installation.)