[Mailman-Users] Private archive for list

Darren G Pifer dpifer at odu.edu
Mon Sep 26 20:34:42 CEST 2005

Hello,

    Sorry about the delay in my answer but wasn't able to get to
this till now.

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 12:33, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Darren G Pifer wrote:
>
> >I have been trying to get to the private archives of a list but
> >when I click on the URL http://list.odu.edu/private/telephone_logs/
> >I get nothing on the page. I have been able to access other archives of
> >private lists but for some reason I am not seeing any for this list. I
> >have thought about trying this
> >
> >bin/arch --wipe list-name
> >
> >but I don't want to remove the archives. Is there anything I check for
> >or another script to run to find out if a file is corrupt?
> >Just to be sure, I checked that this list does have a mbox in
> >the archives/private/telephone_logs directory.
>
> Are you sure archiving is enabled for this list?

Yes, it is.

> Is there a global mailbox file at
> archives/private/telephone_logs.mbox/telephone_logs.mbox or just the
> archives/private/telephone_logs.mbox/ directory without the file?

There is an archives/private/telephone_logs.mbox file but no
archives/private/telephone_logs.mbox directory.

> If the archives/private/telephone_logs.mbox/telephone_logs.mbox file
> exists and contains the past posts to the list, then
>
> bin/arch --wipe list-name
>
> should build archives. If the .mbox file is there and the HTML archives
> are not being created, there is probably a permissions issue.

Do I need to do something to rebuild telephone_logs.mbox? Is it looks
for a telephone_logs.mbox/telephone_logs.mbox file? The index.html file
is empty. Shouldn't contain something?

Regards,

Darren
Old Dominion University