[Mailman-Users] Mailing list creation mail has no Date header (bug#1212066)

Bjorn-Erik Townsend bjorn at sourcelabs.com
Fri Sep 23 19:36:51 CEST 2005

Greetings all,

I'm using Mailman 2.1.6 (stable) with Courier-MTA, and I'm encountering
bug 1212066 (mailing list creation mail has no Date: header).
Unfortunately, Courier does not seem to insert a Date header if none is
already present, so I'm receiving message creation mails with no date
header.  It's setting off spamfilters and generally  being problematic
for me.

My question is twofold:

1) This bug hasn't been updated since May; are there any plans to fix it?
2) Does anyone know of a way to get Courier to insert Date headers if
needed? I know RFC2822 says that this is not its job, but it would be
nice to have a workaround until this issue is fixed.

Thank you for your attention!

Bjorn Townsend | bjorn at sourcelabs.com