[Mailman-Users] new and improved stupid error

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Sep 23 18:56:50 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 09:22 -0700, Sean Roe wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am getting the following error now when I start up mailman:
>
> [client 192.168.4.199] Exception exceptions.A
> ttributeError: "MysqlMemberships instance has no attribute 'cursor'" in
> <bound m
> ethod MysqlMemberships.__del__ of
> <Mailman.MysqlMemberships.MysqlMemberships ins
> tance at 0x40221a8c>> ignored
>

> I think the other sysadmin may of removed something by accident (or on
> purpose)  :)
> Again, I am not a python guy at all, so be gentle.

You are getting this error because either MysqlMemberships did not
initialize (the variable "cursor" is set in the MysqlMemberships
constructor) or possibly because the MysqlMemberships class instance was
destroyed more than once, but that seems unlikely. I would check how the
MysqlMemberships class instance is being created, which is likely in a
file called extend.py in the list directory ($prefix/lists/NAME where
NAME is the name of one of your lists).

Sorry, I realize this is a very python'ic answer but its the best I can
do given the info.
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>