[Mailman-Users] Customised template of Mailman archive

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Sep 9 11:05:50 CEST 2005

At 1:10 PM +0530 2005-09-09, Shillong Dotcom wrote:

>   I use a Mailman list on a vortual server (cPanel)

	Go to the Mailman FAQ Wizard at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py>, and real FAQ 6.11.

>   Anyone tell me please if I can costomise the archive templates?

	With cPanel?  Odds are that you can't.  However, if you can, then
you would need to talk to your hosting provider.

>   My office wants a forum type look of the archive.
>  e.g.(http://www.tulleeho.com/discussion/discusshome.asp)
>   Or, shall I use MHonArc instead?? any good archiver, please help..

	So far as I know, there's no way to achieve that kind of look
using either the integrated pipermail archiving system in Mailman, or
using MHonArc as a 3rd-party external archiving system.  There may be
other 3rd-party external archiving systems that can achieve this kind
of a look, and there are unsupported patches to include integration
into real web-board discussion systems (see the FAQ Wizard), but I
think that doing this is going to be quite a bit more complex than
you realize.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755