[Mailman-Users] Complaints about MM 2.1.6b4

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Sep 6 16:29:44 CEST 2005

At 10:08 AM -0400 2005-09-06, Darren G Pifer wrote:

>  The old system had a box to enter addresses for all people who can post
>  to the list without administrator approval.  We were able to "copy and
>  paste" the same list into each list serve. The "box" does not exist in
>  the new system.

	Yes, it does.  Go to the web admin interface for your list.  Go
to the "Privacy options..." section.  From there, go down to the
"Sender filters" sub-page.  The second box down from the top will
have the description "List of non-member addresses whose postings
should be automatically accepted."  That's what you want.

>  The new system has a "check-box". For each person in our "copy and
>  paste" list we have to "uncheck" the MOD box.  You can make the MOD box
>  default to checked or not-checked.  So we either have to "check" each
>  faculty member or "uncheck" all of us.

	That's setting the individual moderated flag.  You don't want
that.  See above.

>  The newest problem is:  Because Classroom is a shared email account, it
>  shows the "real sender" - who is a member of the list with a check-mark
>  in the MOD box, so it holds the email and waits for administrator
>  approval.

	Make sure that your MUA properly uses the desired sender address
as both the envelope sender and in the header "From:" and "Sender:"
fields.

	Or, go into your mm_cfg.py file and change what fields you look
at for determining list membership.  If you don't have explicit
settings for this, see the examples from Defaults.py, then copy them
over to mm_cfg.py and change as necessary for your installation.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755