[Mailman-Users] Bouncing admins

Jared Rimer jrimer at tagline.cc
Sat Oct 29 02:09:05 CEST 2005

Nark and all,
This is all we have.
> >From: mailman at wbby.us
> >To: Woodlake_el_school-owner at wbby.us
> >Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:46:54 -0500
> >Sender: mailman-bounces at idea5.anoeticconcepts.com
> >This is a Mailman mailing list bounce action notice:
> >
> >     List:       Woodlake_el_school
> >     Member:     woodlake_el_school at yahoo.com
> >     Action:     Subscription disabled.
> >     Reason:     Excessive or fatal bounces.
> >

> >The triggering bounce notice is attached below.
> >
> >Questions? Contact the Mailman site administrator at mailman at wbby.us.

> >From: mailman-bounces at wbby.us
> >To: Woodlake_el_school-owner at wbby.us
> >Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:46:52 -0500
> >Sender: mailman-bounces at wbby.us
> >
> >bhavsar <ubhavsah71 at yahoo.com> has been successfully subscribed to
> >Woodlake_el_school.

The address isn't even bouncing on the list.

At 16:31 10/28/2005, you wrote:
>Jared Rimer wrote:
>
> >         I'm running on a domain of mine that has Mailman
> >installed.  The hosting provider moved the account to another server
> >he runs.  Ever since, the notify when subscribers added has not
> >worked correctly.  We've received bounce notifications disabling the
> >one admin because of too many bounces, but the subscription is not
> >disabled.  How does mailman handle this?
>
>The fact that a bouncing address happens to be the address of an Owner
>or Moderator is not relevant to Mailman's bounce processing. See
>http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.060.htp
>
>As far as the notices of new subscribers and the disabling is
>concerned, it seems that mailman can't successfully mail to the owner
>address or to the matching member address. What does the copy of the
>bounce in the disable notification say? And where do you receive it?
>
>--
>Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>       The highway is for gamblers,
>San Francisco Bay Area, California    better use your sense - B. Dylan

Jared Rimer
Business website: http://www.superior-software.com/support
Personal Website: http://www.asmodean.net/jrimer
Music Education Network for the Visually Impaired  http://menvi.org a
service done through Superior Software level one
WBBY Internet Radio and All In Play team up.  Learn more
http://www.menvi.org/allinplay
WBBY Internet Radio: www.wbby.us