[Mailman-Users] Bouncing admins

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Oct 29 01:31:52 CEST 2005

Jared Rimer wrote:

>         I'm running on a domain of mine that has Mailman
>installed.  The hosting provider moved the account to another server
>he runs.  Ever since, the notify when subscribers added has not
>worked correctly.  We've received bounce notifications disabling the
>one admin because of too many bounces, but the subscription is not
>disabled.  How does mailman handle this?

The fact that a bouncing address happens to be the address of an Owner
or Moderator is not relevant to Mailman's bounce processing. See
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.060.htp

As far as the notices of new subscribers and the disabling is
concerned, it seems that mailman can't successfully mail to the owner
address or to the matching member address. What does the copy of the
bounce in the disable notification say? And where do you receive it?