[Mailman-Users] Qmail trouble

Par Leijonhufvud par at hunter-gatherer.org
Mon Oct 24 20:36:58 CEST 2005

Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> [2005.10.24] wrote:
> >Look in the Mailman error log: <mailmaninstallpath>/logs/error.

Nothing (except when I made a spelling error on the listname).

> In this case, the mail gets to the archive so it has been delivered to
> Mailman and processing has gotten fairly far along, but the mail isn't
> going back out.
>
> Does any mail go out, e.g. subscription confirmations or other notices?
> If not, it is likely an outgoing mail problem. Look in Mailman's smtp
> and smtp-failure logs in addition to the error log.

Nope, no mail goes out.

In the smtp-error log I find

Oct 24 15:52:24 2005 (46216) delivery to par at hunter-gatherer.org failed
with code 553: sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts
(#5.7.1)

Ahh, a relaying problem. I'll mess with the MTA config some more.

Thanks for the help!

/Par

Par Leijonhufvud                               par at hunter-gatherer.org
Sooner murder an infant in its cradle than nurse unacted desires
		-- William Blake