[Mailman-Users] to verp or not to verp....

Doc Schneider maddoc at maddoc.net
Sun Oct 23 22:55:36 CEST 2005

I need some suggestions/help with how to setup VERP wih MM 2.1.5 and
Sendmail 8.13.4

I've read all the FAQs and they do help except they fail to give an
example sendmail aliases entry if one is using VERP. I may have missed
it and if so a pointer would be helpful.

The reason I want to use this is I've got a list with a whole boatload
of AOL people on it and after getting reported as spam to AOL 16 times
the other night--guy who did this just said he hit the wrong button--the
list owner  decided to just place her aol people on digest.. only there
is no way to "personalize" the digests. And am now getting a few reports
from aol's feedback loop that are this same list in the digest vesion,
and of course now there is no way to figure out who is doing the reporting.

If it were up to me I'd just ban all of aol from using the lists we run
here... but guess that is not too realistic.

So, anyone have a recommendation and a snip of a properly done VERP
entry from mm.cfg and (Sendmail) aliases.

Thanks,

-Doc