[Mailman-Users] hiding sender on announce only

Stephanie Westbrook steph at webfabbrica.com
Sun Oct 9 09:55:33 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have a mailing list that should be of the announcement only type. I
have it setup to hide the sender and there will only be a few of us
with permission to post to the list.

So sender is hidden, reply to headers are stripped and reply to is set
to explicit.

The problem with this is that members will surely want to reply on
occasion, to ask a question or comment. They wouldn't be replying
to the list, of course (also because they can't) but to the admin of
the organization. And they are used to being able to do this since
the mailing list is currently just a distribution list in one members
mail client. So messages to the list go out as "from at dom.ain" and
people can just reply.

So unless the make sure to click the reply all in their mail client they
will just be replying to the list. I have it set so that moderated
members receive a nice message saying the list is read only and to
communicate with the organization they need to write to
from at dom.ain not the list. And I can explain all this in the first
message that goes out.

But is there a better way?

Thanks,