[Mailman-Users] how to limit the mail server to receive mail onlyfrom list member

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Nov 18 06:11:12 CET 2005

Andy Gao wrote:

>I got a question on my mail server setup: How to configure MTA to only
>receive mail from the mailing list members.

I don't know how you would do this, or why you would want to if you
could. The first obvious problem is this would preclude anyone who
wasn't already a list member from subscribing by email.

Mailman already does a good job of rejecting or discarding mail to a
list from non members. Why is this not sufficient?