[Mailman-Users] SPAM Control

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Nov 4 18:25:53 CET 2005

At 10:27 AM -0600 2005-11-04, kevinc at seaplace.org wrote:

>  I'm an AMD-64 Gentoo Linux, Postfix, Mailman server - does anyone have any
>  suggestions for a system wide anti-spam tool that integrates well?

	There are some good things in the FAQ Wizard showing you how to
integrate postfix, amavisd-new, SpamAssassin, ClamAV, etc... into
your mail server configuration, and Mailman 2.1.6 adds some features
to help make better use of the anti-spam information that it is fed
by such tools.

	You should also search the archives of the list.

	On the python.org machines where the Mailman-related mailing
lists are run, we use postfix pluss the python package SpamBayes, and
that usually works pretty well -- although it does require periodic
retraining.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755