[Mailman-Users] SPAM Control

Ivan Fetch ifetch at du.edu
Fri Nov 4 17:39:13 CET 2005

Hi Kevin,

    I'm curious, how are you filtering spam - with a spam filtering rule
that matches a particular header and holds the message?  If so, do you
have lists configured to send notifications for held messages?  We found
that this of course generates backscatter ("your message has been held"
outbound emails to addresses which are forged or do not exist) - we are
looking for other ways to (perhaps) forward emails matching a spam rule to
the listname-owner address with a note somewhere about why the owners are
receiving the message.

Thanks - Ivan.