[Mailman-Users] List subscribers receiving duplicate messages: help!

Iain D.Brown iain at iainbrown.net
Thu Nov 3 20:49:13 CET 2005

Dear fellow Mailman users,

I have just started using Mailman for a large Society mailing list
(~500 subscribers), and have run into two problems that are
causing a lot of heat on my new list.

  Problem 1: when a subscriber replies to a message that is part
  of a lengthy thread, their email client is listing the addresses
  of all previous respondents to the thread, eg: A thread on
  Mickey Mouse on the list disney.example.dom has attracted
  postings from minnie at disneyexample.com, mickey at disneyexample.com
  and pluto at plutoexample.com. When I come to reply to a message,
  my email client is putting the following in the To and CC
  fields: