[Mailman-Users] Bounce Log file

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue May 24 16:25:24 CEST 2005

nikos wrote:

>I administrative some lists in an Linux RH8 with mailman-2.1.1-5 ver.
>It seems to be problem with one of the lists with only 10 "users". The
>most of them sudenly doesnot recieve mails from the list and they get a
>bounce score (1 or 2). The rest normally get emails.
>Is that strange? The list stop sending mails to scored users?
>
>bounce_score_threshold is 5 and bounce_info_stale_after is 7

If they are getting a "bounce score" in the bounce log, it means the
list IS sending and the messages are bouncing. If you want to see why,
go to the list's Bounce options page, make sure that
bounce_notify_owner_on_disable is Yes and set bounce_score_threshold
to 1. Then the first bounce will disable the user, and the list
owner(s) will be sent a copy of the bounce. Then, if you feel the
bounce is erroneous, you can raise the bounce_score_threshold and
re-enable the user (from the Membership Management... pages).

The above assumes that a direct e-mail to the user doesn't bounce.