[Mailman-Users] (no subject)

Rob Scott rob at reboot.ca
Fri May 20 19:33:17 CEST 2005

Hi all,
mailman: 2.1.5 python: 2.2.3
This problem apparently started on monday, the 16th.. several of the mailing
lists on my system appeared to simply stop processing all messages except admin requests. New users could subscribe to the lists but no actual list traffic
was possible, no bounce errors or anything displayed in the error log except
the message "The master qrunner lock could not be acquired because it
appears as if another master qrunner is already running." repeated
basically every 10 minutes, though it appears to have been doing that for
almost a year before the lists stopped working, so I'm not even sure this has
anything to do with the current problem or not. I inspected the qfiles/
folders and there was a suspicious looking message from the 16th with an
encoded attachment sitting in the shunt folder along with a bunch of otherwise
normal looking files so I stopped mailman, moved that file elsewhere, and ran
mailmanctl -s restart as indicated in the FAQ, but it doesn't seem to have any
effect..still printing the qrunner error even if I delete the lock file and
restart again. mail is still not going anywhere for 3 of the lists, others
are working normally. Anyone seen this type of thing before?
If this helps at all, after each qrunner error it's also printing a rather helpful empty line in the log, like so:

May 20 10:20:03 2005 mailmanctl(8150):

Cheers,

Rob Scott
IMT Consultant

Reboot Consulting Co.
#101-506 John St.
Victoria, BC, V8T 1T6
Main  (250) 380-0377
Fax   (250) 385-2668

http://www.reboot.ca/

This electronic message transmission, including any attached files, contains information which may be confidential and/or privileged. The information is intended to be for the sole use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. This message is not to be forwarded for any reason without prior consent of the sender. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone (250) 380-0377 or by a "reply to sender only" message and destroy all electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments, without reading or saving in any manner.