[Mailman-Users] Using CSS to alter the look and feel of archives

Henry Katz-Diego securitylists at inkworkswell.com
Mon May 23 23:38:05 CEST 2005

Hi,

We're helping a friend who wants to change the mailman archives. We're
using CSS to implement a three column design with a header.

We've read the archive entries and FAQ which explain how to update the HTML.

One thing we aren't certain of is placement of the closing </div> tags for
each of the three columns.

The closing </body> and </html> tags are included in archidxfoot.html. Are
the closing </div> tags best placed in article.html, archtoc.html? Or,
should they be placed in archidxfoot.html? Or maybe I'm just very confused?!

We're creating the look and feel of these pages outside the server upon
which they normally reside, so we can't really test them. I'd like to take
them to the administrator -- a guy who administers this box on a volunteer
basis -- without a lot of hassle.

Thanks,

Henry