[Mailman-Users] Multiple Virtual domains Postfix+Mailman

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon May 16 02:44:46 CEST 2005

Dave Pisarek wrote:

>I built a new list server and will be moving the lists from the old
>server to the new. My question is - How do I set it so the old lists
>i.e. listname at old.domain.com will also still work with the new server
>that would have a list address of listname at new.domain.com? I hope that
>makes sense.
>
>In other words if you have two different servers running two different
>virtual domains can they be combined on one server and not effect old
>customers ability to send to a list using the old virtual domain?

As long as all the listnames on the server are unique (i.e. no two
lists with the same name in different domains), this is no problem.
See the section on Virtual domains in Defaults.py (and put your
add_virtualhost() lines in mm_cfg.py).

If you want two have two distinct lists with the same name in different
domains see
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.047.htp
but be aware that the patches mentioned there don't work well -
running multiple Mailman copies works better.