[Mailman-Users] attempting to post to the FAQ page Mailman FAQ Edit Wizard

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri May 6 18:02:13 CEST 2005

At 10:21 AM -0400 2005-05-06, Aaron Brashear wrote:

>  I am a list manager and was directed by my Mailman manager (hosting
>  provider) to the Mailman FAQ Edit Wizard. When i did not find an answer
>  to my question, I attempted to post to the list. It is not allowing me
>  to do so, presumably since I do not have an account or access?

	You have to be a subscriber in order to post to this list.

>  here's the post I was attempting to make:
>
>  3.56. tracking whether mailing list is actually reaching members of the
>  list
>  Checking to see if there is a method to confirm if a post is A. sent
>  and B. if it went out to all members of the list. Some of my list
>  members have been receiving posts to the list (e-mails) others have
>  not. Tying to see if the list server is for some reason omitting
>  members. Currently only 2 members are set to digest mode, all others
>  should receive and mail/post sent to the list.

	Please don't put questions in the FAQ and then expect people to
answer them.  Now I'm going to have to go delete this.

	If you have a question that is not answered by what is in the FAQ
and what is in the archives, feel free to ask it here.  If it's a
common question, one of the people who provides the answer to you
will have the option of going to the FAQ and putting in the answer
there, so that the next person won't have to post to the list.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755