[Mailman-Users] Announce only regexp or setting in 2.1.5

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Wed May 4 20:17:20 CEST 2005

In a flurry of recycled electrons, Ignacio Valdes wrote:
> Hi, I want to make my list an announce only such that it will
> automatically discard everything received except something sent by the
> e-mail id's of the list administrators or list members. I've hunted
> around and read some documentation but I don't see a regexp for spam
> filtering or other setting that explicity shows how to do this. I need
> this b/c I am constantly having to discard junk from the pending
> moderator requests. Engageing auto-discard for each spammer helps but
> they come up with new id's all the time.

I'm not sure why you'd need a regexp to do this, discarding non-member
and moderated-member posts should do it.

Check out FAQ 3.11:
 "Set the member_moderation_action to Reject and add a nice rejection
  notice text to the following text box.  Say something like "this is
  an announcement list, to reach the band, please email band at dom.ain"

  Set the generic_nonmember_action to Reject or Discard."

"Action to take when a moderated member posts to the list" => Discard
"Action to take for postings from non-members for which no explicit action is defined"
 => Discard

"Should messages from non-members, which are automatically discarded, be forwarded to the list moderator"
 => No

z!