[Mailman-Users] Subscribing from cell phones

Scot Hacker shacker at birdhouse.org
Wed May 4 19:01:18 CEST 2005

I have  a list  owner who runs a list designed to be subscribed to from
text-messaging cell phones (list traffic consists only of  a daily haiku
- very neat). People can use the web interface to sign up, but the
confirmations are a problem. The subscription confirmation arrives at
the phone, the user  replies to it, and then... nada. Seems to go into a
bit bucket. I've confirmed that the ID cookie does make it across just fine.

A little later, the list owner receives  a copy of the message below.
At  first I thought there was  some discrepancy between the Return-Path:
and the From: headers, but when I send a regular email from the phone to
myself, they both come through fine, and match. I'm stumped.

The list owner *really* wants to turn off confirmations altogether, but
I don't see  any way to do this. Is  there one? If  confirmations
absolutely can't be disabled, any ideas on why cell phone subscriptions
fail, or  what  can be  done about it?

Thanks,
Scot